The GLOBOCAN 2002 database (compiled by Ferlay et al. for the International Agency for Research on Cancer) provides the following data for prostate cancer in Belize:
- Estimated number of new cases per year: 53
- Estimated age-standardized rate of new cases per year: 77.3/100,000
- Estimated number of deaths per year: 25
- Estimated age-standardized number of deaths per year: 35.2/100,000
- Estimated 1-year prevalence: 41
- Estimated 5-year prevalence: 131
According to Health in the Americas, 2007 (issued by the Pan American Health Organization or PAHO) the number of men hospitalized with prostate cancer in Belize in 2005 was only nine.
Health in the Americas, 2002 made no reference to the incidence or mortality of prostate cancer in Belize.
The WHO Impact of Cancer in Your Country data tables provide the following data for prostate cancer in Belize:
- Estimated age-standardized incidence (in 2002): 68/100,000
- Estimated age-standardized death rate (in 2005): 46/100,000
If you know of additional sources of specific or current information about the incidence, prevalence and mortality of prostate cancer in Belize, we would be interested in learning about them. Please post such information in the comment box below.